Thursday, May 31, 2012

The cleanest 18 Outrage you will find for the Money



Mike Gephart who a an acquaintance of mine through many mutual friends has decided to sell his 1981 18 Outrage.  Mike is a great guy who takes outstanding care of his Whalers.  For the asking price of $10,900 you will have a tough time finding a better priced one in as nice of condition.

Here are the details:

1981 Boston Whaler Outrage 18 - Classic Desert Tan, Teak Gunwales. No bottom paint.
1993 Yamaha 130 hp engine with unknown hours. (I bought it used)

Dilly Trailer with keel rollers, support bunks/ spare tire
Raymarine RAY45 VHF Radio w/ Antenna
Lowrance X65 Fish finder w/ speed paddle wheel
Jensen MCD5112 CD Stereo with speakers mounted on side under gunnels
OEM rod holders
Rule Bilge Pump
Compass
Stern Seat, The seat needs work. The upholstery needs to be re-done.
Custom grab rails
2 Captains Chairs. The upholstery needs to be re-done.
Full Cover – Blue
Spare 1993 Yamaha130 parts from previous engine except one carb because I sold it to another Continuouswave forum member. 


History:
I purchased this boat from the Continuouswave forum member JB Cornwell in August 2002. That winter I disassembled the entire boat. I pulled the console, floor and gas tank. I flipped the hull over and wet sanded and buffed the hull. I gel coated spots that needed it. I flipped the boat back over and wet sanded and buffed the inside of the hull.
I stripped, sanded and varnished all the bright work with Z-Spar varnish. Applied eight coats on each piece.
I buffed every piece of chrome on the boat. What couldn’t be buffed I had re-chromed.

In 2003 I took the boat up to Bayfield Wisconsin for a Whaler Rendezvous. Last day there engine threw a rod.
In 2004 I tore the engine apart. I figured out it would cost as much to fix it than to buy another one. I bagged and tagged all the spare parts.
In 2004 I found an identical ’93 Yamaha 130 online.
In 2004 I took the boat up to the Georgian Bay/North Channel Rendezvous and put 630 miles on the new engine. The engine ran flawless the entire time.
I used the boat off and on for the next six years. The last couple of years I have only used it a couple of times over the summer.
The boat has always been stored in my garage on a trailer for the summer and stored in a climate controlled warehouse for the winter.
The reason I’m selling the boat is we just don’t use it. Our kids are growing up and doing other things and it’s taking up space in the garage. The boat is located in St Paul, MN.


Contact: michaelgephart@hotmail.com

Asking $10,900.


No comments:

Post a Comment